Business communication skills course Description
This communication skills course for managers will:
- Explain what good communication looks and sounds like.
- Identify communication styles and how to manage up, down, and sideways to people of all types.
- Outline the skills needed to clearly communicate with direct reports.
- Provide a clear model for providing coaching and performance feedback.
- Give clear guidance for improving listening and questioning skills.
- Suggest tactics for effectively dealing with difficult people.
- Define the components of a well-run meeting and tactics for reproducing consistent results.
- Offer one-on-one coaching for improving presentation skills.
Effective communication is a critical element of successful supervision and leadership.
From one-on-one discussions to group presentations, "Communicating with Influence" shows busy managers how to get positive results using proven communication techniques.
At this program's conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate the use of open and closed questions.
- Identify your behavioral style and its unique challenges.
- Describe a model of feedback, communication, and listening.
- Set SMART goals.
- List tactics for dealing with difficult people.
- Organize information in a clear and concise manner.
- Create an attention grabbing introduction.
- Implement techniques for varying your vocal tones and body language.
- Develop strategies for handling hecklers, bullies, and other participants.
The following outline highlights some of the course's key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
Communicating to Influence and Inspire: A Starting Point
This training session begins with a discussion of what diplomacy and tact are and why they are important skills to practice and develop. In this foundation lesson, participants will evaluate the communication styles of several well-known people and list the strengths and weaknesses of each.
Building Personal Credibility: Understanding Different Communication Style
The next section shifts the focus inward to each participant's personal communication style. Using the Business Training Works' signature diagnostic tool, The Communication Jungle, participants will learn to identify their own behavioral styles, the styles of their coworkers and clients, and how to adjust for better communication.
Be SMART: Goal Setting for Peak Performance
Delegating and setting realistic and manageable goals are critical skills for managers and supervisors to possess. This segment explores the components of SMART goals and allows participants to practice delegating and communicating goals and expectations to the people they supervise. Special emphasis is placed on developing employees and grooming them for additional opportunities.
You might also like
Life Coaching Box Set: 23 Lessons on How to Become a Successful Coach Who Motivates Other People Combined with The Ultimate Guide For Improving Your Communication (Coaching, leadership, selfesteem)
Why is telephone communication important in business?
Telephone communication allows people to discuss matters far quicker than sending of messages through messengers or postal services. Ultimately this results in far faster business through quicker decision making.
In modern times where other alternatives exist for communication, telephony is still preferred by many as it allows faster interaction than email and is more personal than computer chatting.
Unified communication is very essential in the success of a business. The features and functions of the business phone system such as the virtual hosted PBX system, allow business t…