English for Business Communication course Outlines
- Course length - 6 weeks
- Programme - Full-time 23 + 2* hours per week
- Levels available - pre-intermediate to upper intermediate
*This course includes 2 hours of optional supervised self-study
This course introduces business language and concepts including:
- Business vocabulary
- Making presentations
- Participating in meetings
- Telephone communication
- Business writing (reports, formal letters, emails and memos)
- Cross-cultural awareness in business contexts
PLACEMENT AND ASSESSMENT
Minimum entry levels apply. Placement in a Business English class will depend on level assessment. The Business English level assessment can be taken overseas before arriving in New Zealand.
The Business English class sometimes uses a blog. It includes information about class topics, interesting business articles, useful video clips, and a weekly review of their study. You can look at the Business English blog here.