Intercultural business communication an interactive approach
One of the biggest challenges facing the business world is dealing with other cultures. Even managers who are based in their own country have to deal with colleagues, suppliers and clients from different cultures. They require the ability to effectively communicate across cultures and to capitalize on the potential of diversity. Different intercultural values have a direct impact on how individuals communicate, work and interact with each other. Since these differences are instinctive, most individuals fail to make the connection between their intercultural values and how they impact working practices. This lack of awareness can lead to severe intercultural misunderstandings, incidents or clashes.
This Intercultural Management training prepares global managers to effectively handle the challenges of intercultural working and offers strategies to overcome cultural differences that can negatively impact team efficiency.
Our Intercultural Management Training is designed for managers, in the Benelux or abroad, who encounter cultural differences in their professional environment. These intercultural relations may arise during business trips, while maintaining international contacts (by telephone, fax or e-mail), or when operating in a multicultural management team.
All our Intercultural Management training courses are designed to meet the specific needs of our clients depending on their unique requirements and existing skills set.
An Intercultural Management training course typically includes:
- Culture and its influence on intercultural management
- Intercultural values and attitudes and their impact on multicultural teams: time, space, group dynamics, authority, tasks, relationships
- Intercultural communication styles
- Intercultural management styles and skills
- Working together in an intercultural context: strategies to harness the team’s experience and skills
- Developing intercultural awareness among your team
- Language issues in intercultural management and strategies to overcome them
- Tips and strategies for working in an intercultural context
This Intercultural Management training course will provide a balance of structured input and discussion of case studies, and scenarios relevant to your own particular context. The training workshops are interactive, involving role-play and simulations in order for participants to ‘experience’ and ‘understand’ the cultural dimensions, raising awareness and consolidating cross-cultural skills.
You might also like
Evernote for your Life | A Practical Guide for the Use of Evernote in Your Everyday Life [2014 Edition]: A Practical Guide for the Use of Evernote in Your Everyday Life
eBooks (Future Prophet Publishing LLC)