Intercultural business communication Russia
Building trust and establishing clear communication are key in managing projects and teamwork with Russians. Gain understanding of the cultural heritage, traditions, ambitions and perspectives of today’s Russian professionals. Learn how to best work with Russians using your corporate culture, communication strategies for sincerity, clear feedback, joint problem-solving, and persuasion.
This workshop is for employees who want to understand the cultural values operating in Russia, gain strategies and tactics for business and management challenges, and practice Russian communication style in order to work effectively with Russians.
Training Content – Participants will learn:
- Cultural Values: Key Russian cultural values that shape the Russian identity, outlook and behaviors. Learn how to build relationships and trust with Russians.
- Business and Management Practices: Prioritizing values for motivating and reaching results while gaining personal contacts and professional credibility; leading and participating in teleconferences and meetings; gaining respect, buy-in and commitments; decision-making and escalating; developing insight and appreciation for Russian-style procedures and performance management; perceptions of time, including punctuality and meeting deadlines; address concerns about sharing information.
- Corporate Contrasts: Similarities and differences between Russian culture and your corporate culture (values and business practices), i.e., how customer orientation, shareholder value, risk-taking, quality, innovation, work/life balance, safety, valuing diversity, etc. are viewed or practiced in Russia.
- Fundamentals: Essential briefing on “must know” facts about Russia, focusing on Moscow, St. Petersburg, and research center cities. Gain insight to the transition from Soviet systems to the current economy, politics and business environment. See how the education and reward systems shape Russian professionals and managers in science, engineering and technology.
- Communication Style: Working with Russian directness, organization and amount of information shared, style of giving feedback, persuasion, and negotiation. Conversation openers and topics to avoid are covered; using names and titles appropriately; interpreting body language and personal space.
- Business Travel:Packing for Russia; personal security; business entertainment hospitality, drinking, dining and social etiquette with Russians; work schedules and holidays; local transportation, laws and authorities.