Internal Business Communication types
On the other hand, external communication is an informal exchange of information and messages between an organization and other organizations, groups or individuals outside its formal structure. The important differences between internal and external communication are as follows:
Difference between interpersonal and intrapersonal communication: Intrapersonal communication is the process of sensing, thinking, perception, evaluating and interpreting events within the self mind of an individual. For intrapersonal communication, different persons may respond differently to a single message because of differences in their perception and thinking.
On the other hand, interpersonal communication occurs when two individuals are involved or exchanging information communication occurs when two individuals are involved or exchanging information, ideas, opinions, feelings relating to the personal, social, organizational, national and international matter who are located in the same place. The important differences between interpersonal and intrapersonal communication are as follows:
Media or means of external communication: There are various means or channels or external communication. These are as follows:
- Telephone: The most common used means of external communication is telephone. Now-a-days every medium and large sized organization has a telephone by which the organization can communicate externally.
- Telex and fax: One of the popular means of external communication is telex and fax. To communicate with foreign organizations telex and fax are the best and quick channels but it is not affordable to the small organizations.
- Postal and telegraphic service: The cheapest means of communication are postal and telegraphic services. They are the old means of business communication.
- Local messenger: Local messengers can be used to communicate externally in the local areas. As it is expensive, its use is limited.
- Face to face conversation: Sometimes this media is used to exchange information with other organizations. It is an important means as because both the parties talk face to face.
- Mass communication: External communication can be performed through mass communication. Now-a-days many organizations take the advantages of mass media to communicate externally. Mass media are newspapers, radio, television etc.
- Internet: The fastest media of external communication is internet. For getting internet facility you must have a telephone set and a computer set. It connects the world and provides access for prompt transfer of information.
- Others: E-mail, Courier, Satellite, Information service etc.